This was such a big topic in 2010 that I so believe she’s “made a difference”. I asked her what her New Year’s resolution is and she told me “to get fitter this year”. Let’s not waste time and let’s hope she sticks to it. Some health folk forgets to stop and smell the roses as they say, so I listed the top 10 “must-do” health utilization strategies…
1. Drink more water – women mindlessly consume large quantities of sugar, alcohol, and caffeine so now’s a great time to stop. Drink a glass of water before any meal.
2. Cut the synthetic fats – we all need some saturated fat in our diets but these are not as damaging to the body as the “trans-fats” that are now widely used in fast food and snacks. Avoid any processed snack foods/tips and opt for natural sources of fat such as those in nuts, avocados, and fish like salmon.
3. Zigzag your calories – when trying to lose weight try calorie shifting. Simply start giving yourself a few days during the week to eat mindfully. Each day aims to eat fewer calories than you normally eat during a typical day. After 4 days, start over with a low-calorie day. Keep going for 9 days and you’ve just destroyed your metabolism.
4. Slow down – better known as brainstorming. By learning to focus your mind, you’ll naturally slow down your eating pace. It’s been found that the average person tries to eat at least 2.5 hours if not 4 hours per meal. Do you know why we eat on the move? We’ve been conditioned to use the microwave, cycle and plate size as the gauge of how much we can eat at one time. We think it’s no wonder we’re eating 20 times a day.
5. Make your snacks protein-laden – to match your protein-rich dinners, make your snacks mainly lean proteins such as nuts, dried beans, and pulses. It will make you less inclined to carb load for your meals
6. Have more sex – one study discovered that having sex burns an extra 278 calories a week. This will help you to gain less weight and to become more fit. Studies have also revealed that more lean muscle mass equates to lean nutrition your body.
7. Weight train – this is the final piece of the jogging chart. Taking essential reads involving waist circumference, weight and body fat percentage, using weights 3 days a week is a great way to stop the fat build-up. Not only will you look sexier, but muscles will tone up your body.
Believe me, there’s a lot of material out there that DOESN’T involves a lot of sweating. Enjoy… summers, I’m out there!