BlackDoctor.org (BDO) is the all-important primary destination that redefines Black health. We aim to be your trusted, daily resource for healthier, happier living.
A Powerful Resource for Black Health
BDO is the world’s largest and most comprehensive online health resource specifically targeted to African Americans. As much as we’d love for healthcare to be one-size-fits-all, the reality is that this is not the case – today’s Black community has higher incidences of just about every major disease and condition out there, as well as shorter life spans. BDO understands that the uniqueness of Black culture – our heritage and our traditions – plays a role in our health. We also understand that there’s a lot of mistrust of the healthcare system. That mistrust, combined with all the contradictory information in the media today, makes it difficult to truly feel in control of your health, and your life.
But BDO gives you access to innovative new approaches to the health information you need in everyday language – so you can break through the disparities, gain control and live your life to its fullest. Guided by the leading physicians, BDO provides essential, but difficult to find, health resources for you and your family, including free referrals to the top Black physicians and health articles that focus on both culturally accurate content, as well as general health topics (yes, Blacks suffer from conditions like diabetes more, but they can break an arm, too). Let us help you see how good it feels to be in control of living a healthier, happier life!
What BDO Offers
• Health News & Features. Refreshed daily on nearly 100 health channels, with the latest health topics and tips.
• BDO Symptom Checker. This comprehensive tool is designed to address your symptom concerns, provide possible causes and prevention tips and alert you to when you need to call a doctor.
• Culturally Specific Advertisements. Key treatment and drug offerings that cater to the specific needs of the Black community.
• BDO Find-A-Doctor Search Tool. A searchable directory of qualified black doctors, including primary care physicians, specialists, even dentists.
• Community Blogs. Today’s most thought-provoking information from health writers and doctors, all in a fun and engaging format.